Thursday, March 22, 2007

Dress rehearsal

The responsibility of playing God hit me with full force tonight -- though I suspect it might be even stronger tomorrow.

Dres rehearsal felt like real theatre in ways other classes haven't.

Tonight, even though the rehearsal was bumpy, I felt in rhythm with the part and the play and the players.

At noon, we were still struggle to attire God. I was about to make another run to a chain clothing store when I looked down at one of my commuter colleagues in the commuter dorm and saw the most gorgeous purple shawl. And I just pointed. The commuters have watched me struggle for several weeks on outfitting God. So, when I saw Carol's shawl, I just pointed and said: That's what God needs. And she knew it to be true. She had brought the shawl to wear this weekend at a workshop. But she offered to loan it to me and it is exactly the look I was hoping for for God.

What's odd to me is that my God has become much more like the Divine Feminine. And, as someone who embraces the Divine Feminine, I find it funny that I had not deliberately sought to portray God that way. I even get to wear the necklace that my friend Molly made for me. Last year when I had lost God, I was struggling with an image for God and finally landed on something I could embrace. For me, the image of God was the Divine Feminine divided by infinity, combining my love of Spirit with my love of science. Divided by infinity is a concept I made up, but, to me, it implies eternity. That Divine Feminine going on and on and on forever.

I felt at home in the role of God tonight. And honored to be able to portray one of an infinite number of images of God.

Amen

No comments: